Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Comfort foods

Today was very long and very exhausting. I'm still not in bed, but I thought some food would be good, since we haven't eaten since breakfast. Chicken wings and french fries. Again. What I wouldn't give for a salad with lots of vegetables on top, with fresh fruit on the side.

So we've been very busy but we've had amazing things happening. God just doesn't stop with his blessings. Today we managed to score at least 12 interviews. Just today.

The Prosperty Awards were tonight. Everything went very well and it was pretty awesome to be in the same room as the President of Rwanda and the
President of Kenya at the same time. On the same line, I think we've secured the big interview...I'll let you know tomorrow.

Here are a few pictures and then I'm off to bed. I'm finished.

The hotel along with our faithful driver, Egide (sounds like Ejeed):


Here's a shot taken by Simon of me using real film for the first time in my life. He brought an old Super8 to create "old" footage:


And a quick shot of protesters in the street. Most of the country's businesses were closed today, in protest of the arrest of Rose Kabuye (it would take a while to really explain the situation but I've heard all kinds of things about it lately - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/10/rwanda-congo-kabuye):


Today was our last full day as a group. Michael head's for home in the afternoon. Thank you again for praying. Things are going really well. We've been so blessed.

Love you all.



4 comments:

CJS said...

Have you been/do you plan to go to any orphanages? My friend lives in Uganda, and she goes to the Babies' Home every week. She made it almost two years before she adopted one of them...

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog. I'm glad things are going well for you out there!

Karen said...

12 Interviews! Meeting Presidents of countries! Shooting with REAL film! YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR!!! May God continue to shower His blessings on you, Karen

Marc said...

mmmm super 8. Awesome. That stuff is great.