Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bedroom elves mystery solved.

Today was our first day of interviews. Simon and I got up early and headed over to an office building in Kigali where we had access to some nice views of the city. We hoped to create an attractive backdrop for our interviewees. Here are a few pictures!

Michael pulling off the "James Bond" while interviewing Michael Fairbanks:


Michael Fairbanks looking wonderfully outback-like:


Jonathan concentrating on the material for the next film:


At one point, I was sent out to try and find some powder for our interviewees. It can get hot under the lights. If you apply a little foundation or powder to the face, it usually does the trick. So, Egide took me to the mall. Now, out of a grocery store, beauty supply store, and travel gifts store, which do you think would have foundation? Yeah. It's the travel gift store. Right above the crystal award plaques. Who would have thought?

I also solved a bedroom mystery that had been plaguing me for the last day. On Monday, I had stopped by my room in the middle of the day to pick up something. I was surprised to see that my bed was covered with a nice comforter and soft pillows, which I had found earlier stashed on top of my cabinets. I had assumed the hotel service was changing things up a little or someone new was sent in to tidy my bedroom. I left my room and returned later that evening to find the comforter gone and the pillows stashed on top of my dresser cabinet again. It sort of freaked me out. Why were multiple people walking into the room to mess around with my bed?

Middle of the day:

Bedtime:


And then I learned that's what turn down service is. And that also explained why the little slippers next to my bed had gone missing in the afternoon. I had no idea it was so complicated.

It's very late. I'm off to bed.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

It sounds like you're having a good time, Tabitha. We're so glad!

John Paul says, "Tell Daddy hi."

Unknown said...

These posts are so great, Tabitha. You make my day!

Wishbone's mom

Marc said...

I cannot wait to see what this footage looks like.

Karen said...

Tabitha,

Not sure why my posts are missing .... Great to read your updates. Sounds like all is going well and you will come back with unimaginable stories. I can't wait. Stay safe and have fun. Miss you, Karen